The goal of this project is to successful run a small FULL Red Hat Openstack Platform stack on a single machine using KVM virtual machines. Each of the nodes will be on a virtual machine.
The machine is a HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9. Each node will be a virtual machine, they will be connected to each other.
The undercloud (Director) virtual machine is to be used to deploy the Overcloud. First part will be on how to deploy the undercloud on the first virtual machine. Each subsequent part will be on how to deploy the overcloud on the other virtual machines.
Figure 1Architectural Diagram
2. Log in Credentials
a. Components of OpenStack
- Dashboard (Horizon): The gui interface that allows for managing instances, images, and network settings
- Compute (Nova): Manages Vms.
- Block Storage (Cinder): Storage of volume and snapshots.
- Networking (Neutron): Manage networks.
- Image Server (Glance): Store images for VMs.
- Object Storage (Swift): Data storage
- Identity Service (Keystone): Authentication for Openstack users.
As part of this project we will be deploying Compute, Block Storage and Networking only
Figure 2 : Block Diagram of OpenStack Components
4. Red Hat Openstack Platform
Red hat Openstack is a downstream version of openstack that is specifically designed for commercial use. It is designed to work with other Red Hat Platforms.
5. RHOS OpenStack deployment overview
- There is an undercloud and an overcloud.
- The first is to make a VM for the undercloud
- Configure Undercloud, and deploy
- Make Vm for each overcloud node
- Set up node through dashboard (horizon)
- Set deploy overcloud components for each…